Some things I noticed recently

1. Advent Calendars are wrong this year - unless you have a special 'youth group made' one that starts on the 27th November. Mine has a remarkable special feature, lots of blank spaces where I didn't finish drawing my pictures!

2. Power cut this morning - hard to miss getting up without heating or lighting!

3. My first Christmas card arrived yesterday - does it count if it's from the Church Commissioners and came with my payslip?

4. The Guardian site has this wonderful article about comedy vicars - it's not like there are any real comedy vicars with ginger ponytails!

5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - the reason God invented youth groups (other than to provide accurate Advent calendars) was so that curates can go and see films and call it work! It even gave me a sermon text (told you it was work) - "the time is coming when you will have to choose between what is easy and what is right". Not sure if it's in the book (or even if it's entirely accurate), but I'm sure Miss Mac (whereever she is now) will correct me like the good teacher she is.

6. While we're on about films, apparently C. S. Lewis didn't want The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe made into a film, and he complained about Disney's "vulgarity". So a bit of rolling-in-the-grave when the movie version opens made by, er, Disney!

There you are - a whole week's blogging in one go. Time for a lie down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theology and the Man in Black

Prayers for Evensong

Taken or left?