Unlearning



One of the difficult things about a new job is learning the new skills and acquiring the new knowledge that you need.

More difficult than that is re-learning to do things that I thought I did well. I did, it's just that I can't do them the same way here. Preaching is probably the best example. I was really happy with my preaching style, but it simply doesn't work in a church this size. So it's back to the drawing board, and the painful process of changing the way I do things by getting rid of things that I liked about my style. It's good for me, I suppose, in that it gets rid of some of my pride. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

As the man(?) said: "You must unlearn what you have learned"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Theology and the Man in Black

Prayers for Evensong

Taken or left?